1. Adoption is the highest blessing of the gospel.
2. The purpose of God’s sending his Son is that we might receive our adoption as sons.
3. God not only sent his Son, but also the Spirit of his Son so that we may know God as our father not only as an objective truth but in a most deep, subjective, personal experience.
4. The Spirit testifies to us and with us that we are children of our Heavenly Father.
5. The Spirit gives us access to the Father through prayer.
6. The Spirit assures us of God’s delight in us and our significance in God’s sight.
1. In what ways have you experienced that you are a child of God in your life?
2. Do you usually pray to God as your “Abba Father?” How does that thought affect your prayer life?
3. In what ways do you seek significance in your life? How does the Biblical truth of adoption give you that sense of significance?
4. How can you experience more of the Spirit’s work in your life?
|« Heirs According to Promise||Until Christ is Formed in You »|