1. The law does not annul nor add to the promise; instead it convicts us of our sins and drives us to faith in Christ.
2. The law is like a prison warden who put us in custody in order to hand us to Christ who took our punishment upon himself so that we can be freed.
3. The law is like a guardian who disciplines us and prepares us to become full legal heirs in Christ.
4. All who trust in Christ are sons of God, heirs according to promise. We have all the privileges and freedom that come with our identity as sons of God.
1. Do you know what God’s law says? If you are investigating the Christian faith, try reading the Ten Commandments in Exodus 20 and the sermon on the mount in Matthew chapters 5-7.
2. If you are a follower of Jesus, does God’s law continually drive you to Christ everyday? Are you more sensitive to your own sins than you were yesterday? Do you have an increasing appreciation of God’s moral perfection that leads you to turn to Jesus in repentance and faith on a daily basis? We all have stuffs that Jesus is working on in our lives like laziness, selfishness, pride. What is that stuff that God is working in you right now?
3. Are you afraid of sharing both the bad news and the good news with people around us? Why? How does the gospel remove some of your fears?
4. Paul said that if you trust in Jesus, you are no longer under a guardian, you have come of age and you have become the children of God, heirs according to promise. What does that mean practically for you? Do you know the privileges and the freedom that you now have in Christ? What does it mean to be free in Christ?
|« Curse For Blessing||The Spirit of His Son »|